I’m happy to share with you my book on how to dye your own textiles with plants. 248 pages, more than 50 dye recipes for 42 plant species (local and exotic), tutorials, tips, photos at work, lots of information about plants, mordants and fibers.
If you are wondering what colours you can derive from your various plant species, how to dye linen, cotton, wool and other fibers, when to collect dyestuff, where to store raw plant materials, what are the dyes of hops, yarrow, spruce etc., how to make colour last and many other dyeing issues – there is a great possibility to master it. The potential of wild dyes from nature is boundless. No matter if you are a beginner or you are dyeing for years – the book contains lots of inspiration.
From the author:
„Colouring fabrics with plants is multi-sensory and even alchemical journey through the world of nature and art. It is an adventure that gives you the joy of discovering yourself and creating beautiful textiles, colours and shades. They are accompanied by noble structures of fabric weaves and fragrances of plants.”
– what are the main characteristics of natural dyes
– how to recognize dyes in flowers, leaves, cones, bark or wood
– the variables on the path of colour
– wide description of textiles to dye (examples of natural fibers of cellulose and protein origin)
– what are mordants and what they do (including basic mordants, pre-mordanting, modifying colours)
– how to make a colour last
– over 50 detailed recipes for 42 plant species
– instructions to make various shades out of one plant
– PDF – digital download. You’ll be able to download the PDF immediately after you have completed your purchase.
– 248 pages
– English and Latin name of all plant species
– all the measures are given both in metric and imperial system
The ebook displays well on all types of tablets and other devices. When it is saved, you can have a quick access to it.
Once purchased, eBook is for your own personal use. 'WILD DYES. On natural dyeing textiles with plants’ is copyrighted so do not share it with others, please. A lot of work has been put into this ebook. Thank you in advance for your understanding and honesty. Enjoy reading! 🙂
We do not accept any cancellations or returns of the digital products.